About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 4 Resistance

Quick, Intense, and Fun P90X3 Workout | Class FitSugar
PopSugar has various guest and celebrity coaches come to demonstrate their expertise. In this video, Tony Horton gives a taste of P90X3. In usual Tony Horton fashion, multiple muscle groups are targeted. I did have to make some modifications, and my legs cramped up a couple times (leave it to Beachbody to make me feel out of shape, lol).
Would I do this again? Yes. I wasn’t able to attack this workout with full intensity as I was trying to learn the moves.

Fat Blasting Workout, R.I.P.P.E.D. Fitness, Class FitSugar

This seemed to be a combination of cardio and resistance—which I guess could work if you’re really pressed for time. However, I did not see where they instructed what size weights to use.  Also, for one of the resistance exercises they actually speed it up. Since you are using weight and it works the shoulder, I would caution against speeding up when doing resistance. Usually slowing down is a better way to increase difficulty. When I follow a video, I like it when the instructor counts the reps out loud (helps me know if I'm not staring at the screen that I'm keeping up or if they have moved on), however this lacked rep counting.
Would I do this one again? No.

Metabolism Boosting Workout, Full Body Fitness, Class FitSugar

This was an interesting non-stop workout where once you pick up a set of weights, you aren’t supposed to put them down. I liked the instructional style, very thorough and clear. I chose 2lb weights as I wasn’t sure what I was getting into and it was my third video, but I did not have to modify or put down my weights.

Would I do this again? Yes, I’d like to try this again with 5 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment