About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New author Karsten Knight

WildefireWildefire by Karsten Knight

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Life is tough enough when you’re adopted, your trouble-maker sister is expelled and runs away, and you look different from everyone at your school. Then your boyfriend cheats on you, you lose your temper, throw a few punches, your sister appears out of nowhere, and … you decide you need a fresh start at a boarding school where you discover your mood swings are more powerful than you thought. Ashline Wilde—Volcano Goddess. Karsten Knight does a great job of mixing folklore and legend across cultures. It reminded me of a cross between Harry Potter and X-Men. The language does get crude at times and there are some sexual situations. I still think it’s a great story and Knight is a talented writer. I would definitely recommend this book and hope to see more from this author.





I won this free ARC from Simon and Schuster.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment