About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Similar to Chronicles of Narnia

EmberoksEmberoks by Andrew Duncan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Emberoks by Andrew Duncan is about a thirteen year-old boy named Kristofer who is going on his first camping trip alone—his rite of passage to manhood. His night is interrupted by his grandfather getting sick, his brother and sister getting kidnapped and meeting Emberoks. It is really hard to describe an Emberok. Perhaps it is a mix of elf and gnome with an occasional giant.






Overall the story, plot, descriptions and characters are well-done. It is an exciting fantasy adventure that keeps you turning pages. Bible stories are sneaked in, in an interesting way. The metaphors and symbolism are not preachy. In my opinion, only one or two scenes are overdone. I think it was worth the money.






If you liked Chronicles of Narnia, you will probably enjoy this, though I would recommend it for older middle grade to young adult age.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment