About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Friday, March 1, 2013

The gray between black and white

The Light Between OceansThe Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tom Sherbourne has survived the loss of his mother, a way, and now thinks the best way to live the rest of his life is out at a lighthouse, by himself. Until he meets Isabel Graysmark. Her smile brings a light to his life he didn’t know he was missing. She is a spunky, young woman and they can’t help but fall in love. But life is hard out on Janus at the lighthouse pretty much shut off from the rest of Australia, much less the world. So when a crying baby and a dead man wash up in a boat, it seems to make up for anything they had lost.

The Light Between Oceans shows how gray the area in between the white of right and the black of flat out wrong can be. I think it is also a good illustration of the power resentment and forgiveness can have on our lives.

The story was well-written. Even though some lingo was definitely Australian, overall it was not hard to follow. Though this is not of the genre I typically enjoy (it was a book club selection) I found it hard to put down.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment