About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Friday, April 19, 2013

A Phantom sequel

The Opera Ghost LivesThe Opera Ghost Lives by Ann M. Kraft
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Opera Ghost Lives by Ann Kraft is intended to be a sequel to Phantom of the Opera. It tells what happened to Erik after he lost his dear Christine to another man.

While the Phantom of the Opera seemed to me a mix of Goth and Comedy with a bit of romance, The Opera Ghost seems more a Christian romance. Unfortunately this will affect my review as I am not a fan of romance.

The themes of “God's grace can redeem anyone, no matter how bad they think they are”; and “what you look like on the outside doesn't matter it's what's inside that counts” are obvious. In my opinion the most exciting part and a bit of a twist comes at the end. This book wasn't what I expected it to be, but it has some good themes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment