About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Monday, January 17, 2011

Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze

Forget Me Not: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center)Forget Me Not: A Novel by Vicki Hinze

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


We begin with an unidentified (her name changes three times through the story) main character who loses her identity. She was carjacked, beaten, kidnapped and dumped. She’s left with a spotty memory, gut feelings and her faith in God.



She was dumped in a town with plenty of drama. She looks a lot like Ben Brandt’s late wife. Three years and he’s still not over it. Mayor John Green and local philanthropist Gregory Chessman aren’t who they seem. And Vickie Hinze’s main character is still being followed, shot at, and hit. She doesn’t know who she is or why anyone would want to hurt her. She does believe God loves her and will take care of her through it all.



Hinze does a great job of building suspense and creating mystery. She knows how to create cliff hangers that make the reader keep turning pages. However, the romantic and Christian dialogue seemed forced and a bit preachy. Sometimes the point of view jumped around so quickly I didn’t know who was thinking, speaking, or where I was supposed to be in the scene.



Overall, it wasn’t bad. In fact it was good except for a few parts that dragged (the romantic and Christian dialogue, but I’m not much of a romantic).





View all my reviews

Could you follow this link and rate my review? WaterBrookMultnomah

No comments:

Post a Comment