About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Starts slow then picks up speed

The Severed HeadThe Severed Head by Lena Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found this on a clearance rack and thought I knew why as I read the first chapter. It starts slow, picks up a little in the 2nd chapter, and by the third it’s hard to put down.

Elijah Creek lives at a campground that his dad runs with his mom and twin little sisters. He goes to school with his cousin Robbie, long-time friend Reece, and Japanese transplant Mei. Skid joins the clan later after they make an interesting and mysterious discovery.

I like the fact that the main character is not a Christian and has to learn about the Bible along the way as they all learn about the strange items they discovered buried beneath Old Pilgrim Church and a place they dubbed “Devil’s Cranium.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment