About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm not a cat person, but ...

Into the Wild (Warriors, #1)Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rusty has always been a house cat, a pet, but he dreams of life beyond his backyard – beyond his neighborhood even. One day he ventures into the woods beyond his yard and meets wildcats for the first time. Impressed with his fighting instinct, they invite him to join their clan. Rusty finds his new life strange and intriguing and adapts quickly and is given a new name--Firepaw. Then again he has to adapt quickly as there is trouble among the four clans of wildcats. Accusations and rumors are flying. But it is to Firepaw’s advantage that he is a newbie to the wildcat life and not entrenched in tradition. He must trust his own instincts to find the real truth of what is going on.

I am a dog person, not a cat person, yet Hunter describes the wildcat life to the point that I began to imagine them as primitive people. The language is clean, the fights are not overly violet or gory though there is blood splatter. This one is much better than her Seekers. I would recommend this to upper elementary and up.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment