About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

These bears aren't so cute and cuddly

The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1)The Quest Begins by Erin Hunter
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Kallik is a polar bear. Toklo is a young Grizzly and Lusa is a black bear. There is a lot of folklore of the stars and where the spirits of the dead go woven into the story.

I found this to be a sad and depressing story. While it was interesting to view the world from the perspective of three different types of bears, experiencing so much death and abandonment made me wonder what the point was. I realize death is part of nature and animals dying is normal, but to have so many bears die in the first few chapters I found depressing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment