About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A cute way to introduce science to preschoolers

Meet EinsteinMeet Einstein by Mariela Kleiner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Meet Einstein by Mariela Kleiner is a cute book that introduces what a scientist does and who Albert Einstein was. At the end of the book there are facts about Einstein and some interactive questions. It could be read to preschoolers (I read it to my 5yo) and read by early gradeschoolers (my 8yo read it herself). I could see this book as part of a series on Einstein or other scientists.



While this is a cute book that both my girls enjoyed, I did have a couple minor concerns regarding clarity. The second sentence reads “He is a scientist.” Since Albert Einstein is no longer alive, I wonder why the author used the present tense. It also might be confusing that the author credits Einstein with discovering NEW things about gravity without mentioning Newton’s original discovery. Young children could easily yet incorrectly infer that Einstein discovered light and gravity himself.



We enjoyed this book and look forward to checking out more books by Kleiner and hope there will be more books like this that present science in a fun and simple way.





View all my reviews

I recieved this book free from JKSCommunications, a literary publicity firm in order to read and give my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment