About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Friday, March 4, 2011

Why does God allow suffering and evil?

Why does God allow suffering and evil? It’s a popular question. There are scriptures that are frequently used to answer and explain. But I want to look at this logically for a moment.

Are you a parent? Have you ever warned your child: If you do that someone is going to get hurt or something will break? Did they still have to learn the hard way?

Yes, Satan likes to inflict suffering. Yes, we have been warned of personal trials. But I think in the big picture, God created us with a choice and He is allowing all of humankind to make their own choices so that maybe some of us will learn from the consequences that our own ways are not best, His are. If there was less suffering and evil in the world, would we be as likely to seek God and ask Him for help? Would we be as likely to depend on Him for safety and strength?

Psalm 23:4 I will fear no evil, for you are with me, O Lord; your rod and your staff they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment