About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wife, chauffeur, zookeeper, reader and book reviewer

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's the Cleaning Fairy!

That's what my girls call the icon for FlyLady (flylady.net). It gets me off the "bad guy" hook when I say we have to do this because the Flylady said so.I love her approach of cleaning in baby steps. The mess didn't happen overnight, so it's not going to get clean overnight either. I love carrying a timer around and seeing how much of a project I can get done in 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 15 minutes (though I think she started a 7 minute challenge this year). Her cleaning tools are great, too. I have the rubba scrubba and the rubber sweeper and they do help with the dog fur. Our favorite right now is the water bottle.

Just because I love her approach, I'll admit I don't always follow well. With busy dance and exercise schedules it's hard. Though it is getting easier as my girls get older. This summer I will try to revisit her organization tactics and perhaps discover a way to make the system work better for me. Hmm, now that I am writing this and looking around at my mess of a house, I am feeling a bit guilty. I think it's time to set my timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment